Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Elohim

God is moving so much in my life and in the lives around me.

i learned two new names that mean God: Elohim (Almighty God) & El Elyon (God Most High). katelyn & christy taught the 4th & 5th grade sunday school class last week. i sat in and listened. the series for the summer is learning the names of God. how cool is that?!? i have never heard these two names and since i have learned them i have been hearing Elohim (L-o-heem) being said aloud. it was said at the Ramp this past weekend. i love hearing it.

i went to the Ramp this past weekend with katelyn. it was just, amazing. i haven't been in a place where teens are so on fire and seeking after God's heart in a long time. all we did was worship, mainly. we interceded for countries, our cities, & our nation. i can't describe how great it was. i'm so glad that we got to go. both of us needed to go and the Lord let us be there.

i got set free from some bondage that i didn't even know i had until i read this:
"The eye is the lamp of the body. If your eyes are good, your whole body will be full of light. But if your eyes are bad, your whole body will be full of darkness. If then the light within you is darkness, how great is that darkness!" -Matthew 6:22-23.
these two verses represent purity to me. we have to be careful on what we watch & what we hear. so i choose not to scary things or stuff that i know is wrong for me. i have gotten made fun of so much for not watching things that everyone else watches. i didn't even know that my heart was still hurting from those moments until i read this and the Lord completely took that pain away. i strive for purity even though i have failed. i won't give up.

that is only one thing the Lord has done in my life this past week. i'm learning so much. i'm trying to be patient with what He wants to do with my life. it wouldn't be that big of a deal if people didn't ask me weekly what i am going to do with my life. my family is pushing for me to get a job with my degree so i will be "secured." but i don't want to be secured or tied down to the world. so the Lord has my life; He can do what He wishes with it. You should read The Barbarian Way by Erwin Raphael McManus. the Ramp made me think about that book the entire time i was there. it was nuts!!

i have more i could say but i will spare you. love you all!

For your Maker is your husband—
the LORD Almighty is his name—
the Holy One of Israel is your Redeemer;
he is called the God of all the earth.
-Isaiah 54:5

No comments:

Post a Comment