Thursday, July 16, 2009

a long week update

i kind of don't know where to start right now. i feel like so much has happened this past week. some heavy things have been laid upon my heart from the Lord.

we had a creative/praise & worship time. it was wonderful. i'm not much of a painter but this was good. if you want to see them, go look on facebook. i'm a little lazy on posting them right now on here.

Birmingham Prayer Furnace was this past weekend. this was my first time to actually go alone. it was at my church (which i love when it's there). it was weird for me being there but then it was really good for me to be there alone. i can't really describe the feeling.
night watch was great!
midnight-2am set was focused on nations and i dedicated a page in my journal for all different nations that i thought of. i wrote them down & put prayers on the sides of the page.
then the 2-4am set was all about the people who live in the "margins" of society. homeless people, prostitutes, & those who live in poverty were the main subjects focused on in prayer. we mainly prayed for prostitutes. the Lord gave me others to focus on to pray, mainly the foster kids. i feel like they are the ones who are forgotten about the most in our society. so i just prayed for them and the girls who will most likely end up in prostitution and for the generational curse of prostitution to break. it was really awesome for the Lord to give this to me.

i was reading Amos 5 again earlier this week. three times it says to SEEK the Lord and LIVE. then i just start praying and i see God as man crying out to us saying, "SEEK ME AND LIVE! SEEK ME ASHLEY, SO YOU CAN LIVE." show me how to fully seek You Lord. i hate that this can be so hard to do. my heart is heavy with these words. SEEK HIM. wow.

i saw harry potter opening night. we had to get to the theater two hours early! so we sat in the theater an hour and a half before the movie started. it was fun though... being with mal, kimber, kendall, & kristen. i have missed tuscaloosa and my friends. what's even better is that i didn't get any nightmares from the movie. i prayed i wouldn't.

kate left for her family vaca in cali yesterday. i miss her so much already. but we got to text tonight which i loved.

the Lord is moving in my friends' lives. i love it! especially since it's my group of friends from high school.
i'm trying to learn how to desire what the Lord desire's and not my own desires. it's hard! i'm learing though!

i'm off to arkansas for the weekend with eric, kendall, and todd. this should be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment