Thursday, July 23, 2009

update from panera

i'm sitting in panera & it's a little cold in here.
i'm listening to the forerunner music podcast and matt gilman is featured in this episode. i am so encouraged by it that i could cry. thank you Lord for delighting in us.

i love driving. our road trip to arkansas was fun and it was so good to see andrew again. i must say though, when i drove, it was my favorite part. not because i was in control but that is where i get to space out and just drive. when everyone was either asleep or listening to their ipod i got to listen to my praise & worship music and just worship the Lord. the drive up there and back was so beautiful. i was so amazed! the Lord never ceases to amaze me by His creation. it makes me giddy and fills me with joy. as i was driving home and we got to see arkansas in the daylight, this verse came to me: The king is enthralled by your beauty; honor him, for he is your lord. (ps 45:11). i started to think how the Lord just loves on us and enthralled by our beauty. as i thought this, i just started talking to the Lord and telling Him how enthralled i am by HIS beauty, HIS creation. His creation shows the beauty of himself. i love that! i love being reminded of it. this little thing is one thing that speaks to me the most.

also, when we got into arkansas, it was dark and we got to see the stars! i got so excited because we don't get to see that many stars here in b'ham or tuscaloosa. the only time i see the most stars is when i go to mentone once a year. to see that many stars was just breath-taking. i started to think of the lyric "In Your hands, You hold the stars" in King of Glory. i just started to sing that to Him silently. it was so beautiful.

i was a little kid this weekend seeing all the beauty of His creation. i'm pretty sure everyone got annoyed with me repeating how beautiful the clouds looked and stars. what i just wrote is why i got so excited.

the simplicity of the Lord's love also captures me. creation is one way for me to grasp onto His love for me. he has blessed me with the nature that is all around me. it's so beautiful that i'm in awe. he delights in me when i'm in the mundane period and when i'm in his presence. i'm so thankful for Him.

here is a taste of what i got to see:
(i wasn't able to capture all of what i wanted since i was driving for the most part).




No comments:

Post a Comment