Wednesday, February 24, 2010

my girls


i love talking about purity with my girls.
this past weekend we had a girls' retreat up at Horn's Creek. even though it was only for one night, i loved every minute of it. the girls that went on the retreat opened up in different ways to each other & unity came. the theme was on purity but also on the path where God or Satan can take you depending the choices you make.

the Lord used me to tell a girl how beautiful she really is. me and two other leaders were praying for her and i was asked to find a verse for her. earlier that night we talked about two of my favorite verses: Song of Solomon 4:7 & Psalm 45:11. and as i was telling her how beautiful she is and how God is amazed by her, i could just feel the Lord crying out and saying "you're beautiful, you're beautiful!" i almost started crying. my heart was broken for her. the way i felt has stuck with me the last couple of days. the Lord wants us.

i saw Valentine's Day (the movie) tonight. it was really cute and funny. certain parts were a little awkward. a couple of parts were kind of inappropriate to me. after talking about purity and guarding your heart, it makes you more aware of everything you do. i like that b/c the Holy Spirit is moving.

No comments:

Post a Comment