Wednesday, February 2, 2011

guard your heart

Above all else, guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life. Put away perversity from you mouth; keep corrupt talk far from you lips. Let your eyes look straight ahead, fix your gaze directly before you. Make level paths fr you feet and take only ways that are firm. Do not swerve to the right or the left; keep your foot from evil.

Proverbs 4:23-27

As kendall and i were talking on our way from ttown, i just kept remembering this passage. it is for us. to keep our hearts guarded from the world and to just gaze on the beauty of the Lord. as we guard our hearts and gaze to the Lord, purity comes from His love. We start to look like Him and become like Him. we start to walk the narrow path. we no longer want the things of the world; we only want Him. We then encounter the goodness of His presence and the side that we never see of Him. I love sitting in His presence because everything i know and hear from the world fades and i get to rest in Him. I love praising Him. I love that i get to love Him. I am honored that He wants to be with me even in my lowest times and my worst times. I become joyful because of Him and i am able to love others because of Him.

i encourage anyone who reads this to learn how to guard your heart. if you don't know how to do it, ask the Lord. He will show you how to guard your heart and every thing else. let Him guide you on the path that you are destined for. He's see the potential you have. He is great; He is glorious; He is wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment