Thursday, February 17, 2011

have you been disciplined recently?

it's been a stressful week in my world. work has been crazy this week with seeing over 70 patients each day that i have worked. so, i'm very grateful that i have today off. i have been able to rest, a little bit, and just take my time with everything i do. i like to have an agenda and get things done but when i'm off work, i realize how exhausted i am and i just want to rest. i wonder if God does that to me on purpose... to teach how to rest, because i honestly don't know how to do that very well. but i'm trying...

on another note, i have been reading a One Year Devotional book. all the youth leaders received one as a Christmas gift. it has been a blessing for me to read it everyday. i don't get much time in the mornings to read my Bible so reading this book has helped me start my day off right. God is so good and i get to accept his grace, love, and mercy every morning when i read each verse of the day. here is one verse that really stuck out to me this week:

My son, do not despise the chastening of the LORD,
Nor detest His correction;
For whom the LORD loves He corrects,
Just as a father the son in whom he delights.
Proverbs 3:11-12 (NKJ)

a couple of weekends ago i went on a retreat with the young adults group from my church. i had a great time. i seriously love the group of people the Lord has brought to my church for this new season. it really is an answer to prayer and a blessing. i tell them all the time too. anyways, we had a great time but i was not able to spend hardly any alone time with the Lord. after we got home and got back into my somewhat work routine, i felt ashamed. i felt guilty for not making time to spend with Him over the weekend and it took me days to really let that go. i really came to terms with my guilt and shame when i read these two verses. i need to be disciplined for not spending time with Him when i have time too. these verses are actually comforting to me. As we let Him discipline us, we then let Him mold us into His image. Then, once we are shaped in the liking of Jesus we start to become like Him. His light and love comes through us and His glory is shown through us. i absolutely love how the Lord wants to mold and shape us into His liking. it's comforting that He wants to be with me. the feeling of acceptance is wonderful.

Daddy, You are so loving.

No comments:

Post a Comment