Tuesday, January 10, 2012

december recap part 2

the last few days of december were absolutely wonderful.
two days after christmas, I drove to shreveport to go pick up sean & his brother, dylan, to head to Kansas city, mo for the one thing conference. we did not get spend christmas together so we exchanged gifts when i got to shreveport. this is what he got me:


ninja bread men cookie cutters! i have recently gotten into baking more than usual and i really like using different cookie cutters. i'm so excited to use these and i plan on using them soon. he also got me some other things but they are not in yet.

the one thing conference is hosted by the international house of prayer, aka IHOP. it is held in downtown kansas city, mo every year from december 28-31st. it is a young adult conference that is wonderful and the Lord shows up every year. this was my second time to attend the conference.
This year's theme was "Jesus, Our Magnificent Obsession." it was so good and i did not want to leave. some of my favorite worship artists are from ihop. the conference had at least 30,000 people register to attend & had about 70,000 watch on the webstream. the conference was so good for me. to learn more about my Jesus and how he needs to become my magnificent obsession and not just other people's obsession. i have become more comfortable to sit back and not press into the presence of the Lord. the season i have been in for the last few months have been long and hard. work has become my life and it has spiritually drained me. so to be able to come back into the Lord's presence was so good and sweet. the Lord is so sweet and kind to us, even when we feel shameful. we all endure hardships and being able to escape was what i needed for sure. i learned so much in such a short time. that is my favorite part about One Thing. hopefully, if i remember, i will post more pictures later and some videos of worship.

No comments:

Post a Comment