Wednesday, February 29, 2012

ENGAGED


(this is the reenactment photo)

that's right! i'm ENGAGED!!!! it happened on Friday, Feb 24.
it all started with Sean coming into town this weekend mainly to see the broadway Wicked. however, he surprised me by coming into town on thursday night (after a long week of me nagging/begging him to come in that night). i was so excited and happy that i cried (only a couple of tears). haha i have become more emotional lately.
on friday, we had coffee with one of my close friends & we ran some errands after. we had an appointment with the event coordinator at Sloss Furnaces to discuss our wedding. (we already started to plan on our wedding before the engagement.) while we are meeting with her, Sean had a few of my friends come and hide for the proposal. we walk to the actual wedding site & Sean gets the coordinator to practice "walking down the aisle." while we are doing this he starts to record all of this on his phone. she then walks me to the stage. Sean and i go to the middle of the stage and then coordinator tells us after we "exchange our vows" that we can say anything we want to at that time. So Sean starts talking after i tell him not to & then he pulls out the ring, gets on his knee & proposes. i was so shocked! after that 3 of my friends, mom, and aunt come out from hiding screaming. they scared me! the whole moment was wonderful! i could not ask for a better proposal. they came down to congratulate us and we celebrated with some champagne. it was so good.

there is a video of the whole proposal but it is on facebook. if you are my friend go check it out! you will be full of laughter when you finish watching it... due to my reactions.

i seriously cannot wait to marry the man of my dreams and that the Lord has blessed me to be his wife. The Lord has already been working in ways with the wedding and we could not have asked for anything better. He is so good!!

No comments:

Post a Comment